|This page is for posting by ACHA Member Teams.
LAST UPDATED JUNE 4, 2014
Email your information to firstname.lastname@example.org to be posted.
FOR NCAA JOB POSTINGS, GO HERE:
|Job Title: Head Coach – Club Ice Hockey
Department: Campus Recreation
Full Time Appointed, 10 months: Nights and weekends required
Hiring Range: $33,000-38,000 annualized
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Reporting to the Assistant Director for Sports, the Head Coach is responsible for administering all
aspects of the men’s club ice hockey program including, but not limited to, coaching, recruiting,
game and practice scheduling, budget management, website management, public affairs, and fund-
raising. Candidate must demonstrate a significant knowledge of ice hockey, proven success in coaching
ice hockey at the collegiate or equivalently high level, the ability to recruit, develop and motivate
student-athletes, a strong commitment to the academic success of student-athletes, knowledge and
commitment to Department, University, and ACHA regulations, good communication skills, and strong
leadership. Evening and weekend work is required as position demands.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Administer all aspects of the men’s ice hockey club including, but not limited to, coaching,
recruiting, game and practice scheduling, planning and management
• Develop and manage the annual club hockey budget and finances
• Oversee the recruitment of student athletes to the hockey program
• Demonstrate a commitment to the development and academic success of the team members
• Ensure compliance with governing association rules and regulations as it pertains to men’s club
• Assist with the oversight of game day operations
• Research and purchase hockey program equipment
• Manage the ice hockey website
• Assist the Senior Assistant Director for Sports work with the UA Foundation, Alumni Association
and various other groups needed to create connections to the University and opportunities for
fund development, sponsorship and advertisements.
• Assist with the development and implementation of club alumni events/programs
• Regularly report team updates to Campus Recreation senior administration
• Work with marketing department to develop promotional materials for the hockey program
• Maintain effective communication with team members, coaching staff, and Campus Recreation
• Serve on department and university committees as needed
• Complete special project assignments and perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in recreation, sports management, administration, physical education or
• Four years of head coaching experience with ice hockey at the collegiate or equivalently high
• Current CPR/PR, AED
• Arizona driver’s license or ability to obtain within 30 days
To apply, please go to www.uacareertrack.com.
|University of Connecticut Men's D2 hockey team is searching for a new Head Coach. To apply please contact team scheduler Brian Sarosky at email@example.com.
|Tulane University Head Coach
About Tulane Hockey:
- We are located in New Orleans, LA
- We are a member of ACHA division III
- We practice in Baton Rouge, LA and play games in Gulfport, MS (both about an hour away from campus)
- We plan to play 12-15 games next season
- We practice once a week in Baton Rouge
- A majority of our team comes from the Northeast
We are looking for a coach willing to help out without pay; unfortunately we do not have the budget to pay a coach. Basic requirements are running practices once a week and setting line for games. No specific requirements for previous experience, but previous playing experience and/or coaching experience is required.
Our team is a very close group of players who really enjoy being able to continue our hockey careers, and we are looking for a coach who shares our love of hockey.
Thank you to anyone who is interested.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested, or see tulanehockey.com for more information on our team. Please include any experience in the email along with why you should be the coach of our team.
|The Auburn University Ice Hockey Club in Auburn, AL is a student-run organization and is currently reviewing candidates to fill their Head Coach position.
This is a volunteer position for the moment until the team is in position to offer a stipend to the head coach.
About Auburn Ice Hockey
· Auburn is located in Auburn, AL and currently conducts on-ice activities at The Columbus Ice Rink in Columbus, GA.
· Auburn Hockey is a Division 3 member of the American Collegiate Hockey Association,(ACHA) http://achahockey.org Southeast Division and plays as a West Division member of the Southeastern Collegiate Hockey Conference (SECHC) www.SEChcHockey.com The team has qualified for the last four SECHC Playoffs and continues to improve each season.
· Player experience levels range from travel club teams, high school, and junior hockey programs, etc.
· Practices are expected to start mid-late August and are held on Tuesday and Thursday nights.
· All games will be on weekends including multiple overnight weekend trips throughout the southeastern region. The team is scheduling approximately 25-30 games this upcoming season not including post-season play.
· The team is funded through a combination of a player dues and university program support.
Head Coach Responsibilities
The primary job of the Head Coach is to manage all aspects of the ON-ICE activities. This includes, but is not limited to:
· Proactively plans and conducts all practices
· Game day management (Lineups, setting lines, determining playing time, determining systems, etc.)
· Organizing and enforcing both off-season and in-season on and off ice conditioning / workout plans
· Assisting club officers in accountability to and enforcement of club rules for individual players. Setting and enforcing standards and working with club officers to foster a positive environment for all student athletes
· The coach must have a knowledge of the game, strong leadership characteristics, and dedicated to continue improving the Auburn Club Hockey program.
· Demonstrated coaching experience from High School Midget level and above is preferred.
· Preferred: USA Hockey Coaching Certifications
How to Apply:
Please email hockey bios & resumes to Evan Barber, (email@example.com). Selected applicants will be contacted for interviews. Please include a brief cover letter and contact information for 3 references in your application materials. Review of resumes will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
- When you make contact, please advise if you are interested in serving as the head coach, or if you prefer to get involved with the team as an assistant coach. We are also in need of 2-3 assistant coaches.
- If you prefer to speak to the SECHC commissioner first before talking to the club officers, please feel free to contact Sarge Day, Commissioner, SEC Hockey Conference at: SargeDay@Comcast.net (256) 617-9550.